About this privacy statement
This website privacy statement sets out how we collect, use and disclose information collected through hughjones.org.au.
This privacy statement does not apply to external websites linked on hughjones.org.au. The Electorate Office of Hugh Jones is not responsible for, and does not endorse or otherwise approve, the content, privacy policies or practices of non-government third-party websites that are linked on the hughjones.org.au website. If you follow a link to another website from hughjones.org.au, we recommend that you read the privacy statement or policy of that other website to understand what it does with your information.
Information that we collect
We may collect personal information (e.g. name, contact details) that you choose to give us or which we may require to provide you with a particular service.
You may request to delete this information from our store at any time. Please get in touch with us using the Contact / Feedback form.
Website visit data
When you view pages on hughjones.org.au, some technical information is collected about your visit. For example:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (e.g. .com, .au, .gov)
- the date and the time of your visit
- the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded
- the address of the last website you visited
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- what devices and operating systems you used to access our site.
Only some of this information may be considered to be personal information.
How we collect this information
Requests to provide information
Generally, you will know if we are collecting your personal information because we will ask you for it. For example, if you submit an online form to contact us or subscribe to receive newsletters, we will ask you to provide your name and contact details.
Providing us with the requested information is voluntary. If you do not choose to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to respond to you or provide you with the service you are seeking.
When you visit hughjones.org.au, some statistical information is collected about how you interact with the website (e.g. when you visited, what you do on the site and whether you complete any transactions on the website). We use 'cookies' to collect this type of information. A cookie is a small block of data shared between a web server and your computer's browser.
If you do not want cookies to be placed on your computer, you can disable them using your web browser. If you opt out of using cookies, some of the features on this website may not function fully, and your ability to browse, read and download information may be impaired. Please contact us to access our services by other methods.
Automatic collection by third parties
We use online tools to gather information about visitors to our website and to help us improve our website and deliver government services. We use software provided by third-party vendors, including the following:
- Google Analytics – a web analytics service that we use to collect data about how you use our site and services.
We only collect anonymous information. No identifiable personal data is collected.
Please review their privacy policies to find out more about how these third parties handle your personal information.
Use and disclosure
The personal information you provide us through hughjones.org.au will be used for the primary purpose for which it was collected. For example:
- to allow us to respond to your questions or feedback;
- where you have requested to subscribe to an email newsletter to receive regular updates; or
- to process a transaction you requested.
Use of web analytics data
We use the information collected about how you use hughjones.org.au and how the website performs during your visit for statistical and system administration purposes. We do this to help:
- monitor and understand usage trends to make sure hughjones.org.au is meeting the needs of its users;
- understand and enhance your experience of hughjones.org.au (for example, to improve the content or make performance improvements);
- monitor and protect hughjones.org.au from cyber security threats.
We do not use this information to identify you or match it with any other personal information we collect from you.
Other use and disclosure
We may also use or disclose your personal information:
- for a purpose related to that for which it was collected if you have consented to that use or disclosure, or if you would reasonably expect the personal information would be used for that related purpose;
- where required or permitted by a law of Western Australia (e.g. under the Freedom of Information Act 1992); or
- if we are required by law to do so (e.g. by a court or tribunal order or a law of the Commonwealth).
Your personal information will be dealt with in accordance with the applicable legislation in Western Australia and consistent with any legal obligation (including the State Records Act 2000).
Access and correction
You may request access to documents that contain your personal information which is in our possession. You may also request the correction of documents that we hold that contain your personal information if you believe that personal information is incorrect, incomplete or outdated. In some cases, your request will be dealt with in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1992.
Please contact us via the details below for further information.
The hughjones.org.au website is administered by the Electorate Office of Hugh Jones MLA. If you have questions about privacy, please contact us using the Contact / Feedback form.